About the Kindergarten Center
100 School Lane, Phoenixville, PA 19460
484.927.5450 (ph) 610.917.2125 (fax)
Dr. Mwenyewe Dawan, Principal
Mrs. Carolyn Lolli, Secretary
The Phoenixville Area School District established a Kindergarten Center in the 1989-90 school year. It is one of approximately 20 centers in Pennsylvania that provide a common location to begin the learning experience of young children. This program is designed to provide all students with an enriched learning opportunity that is tailored to the skill level, interests and needs of young students. Support teachers are available in all areas to further academic achievement and social development.
All children, who are 5 years of age by September 30th of the year they enter, are eligible to register for school.
Parents need to provide:
- Proof of residency such as an agreement of sale or lease
- Certified birth certificate
- Record of immunization from doctor
MISSION: The Kindergarten Program is built upon a solid foundation including:
- Curriculum focused on PA Standards in reading and mathematics
- Developmentally appropriate instruction and assessment for young students.
- Effective teaching strategies
- Dedicated teachers.
- Caring support staff
- Supportive Home and School Association
GOAL: To provide a structured learning environment where each child can practice and learn academic and social skills to the best of his/her ability.