Facetime Theatre Club
Facetime Theatre, Inc. is a nonprofit corporation with a vision to enrich lives by exploring, nurturing, and celebrating the human creative process.
The purposes of the program are: to stimulate, promote, teach, and develop interest in the dramatic arts; to focus on the development of high-quality performing arts programs for area youth; and to advance the general level of culture in the field of dramatic arts by the establishment and maintenance of a theater for the production of plays, musicals, readings, dramas, comedies, shows, exhibitions, and dramatic arts in all forms and of the highest standards.
Students in this program will:
- develop effective communication skills, with an emphasis on public speaking;
- work on musical theatre pieces from Broadway and Off-Broadway shows;
- participate in acting/improvisational games/activities designed to foster creativity, teamwork and willingness to take risks;
- learn the basics of stage movement, blocking and scene work;
- strengthen literacy skills (e.g., language & comprehension);
- gain exposure to great writers (from Dr. Seuss to Shakespeare!);
- work on vocal performance in the context of musical theatre;
- perform in an end-of-the-year Showcase; and
- have lots of fun!
Who is running this program? Facetime instructors with years of classroom and performing arts experience.
When will this program be offered? Monday afternoons from 3:30-4:15 PM. This program begins on Monday October 10th.
Click Here For More Information